USA: McDonald’s reports 11% drop in profits, warns on job cuts
US fastfood chain McDonald's has reported lower earnings for the seventh time in eight quarters. The company's third-quarter profits dropped 11% to US$486.7m from $545.5m a year earlier. Third-quarter revenues rose 4% from $3.88bn to $4.05bn. The company said it plans to open 600 hamburger restaurants worldwide next year, compared with the 1,300 it plans to have opened this year, and the high of 2,000 restaurants it opened in 1996.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin