USA: UPDATE: McDonald's responds to national tragedy
Mobile McDonald's restaurants serving the tireless work force in New York
- Meals Served: More than 250,000 meals served around the clock at McDonald's mobile restaurants at "Ground Zero" in New York and at the Pentagon since Thursday.
- New York City: Nine 45 feet long trucks full of McDonald's Quarter Pounders, Chicken McNuggets, bottled water and soft drinks delivered to "Ground Zero" for rescue and recovery teams. This food service is on going.
- Pentagon: Five 45 feet long trucks of McDonald's Quarter Pounders, Chicken McNuggets, bottled water and soft drinks delivered to the Pentagon site to feed the work force there. This food service is on going.
Mobile McDonald's restaurants serving the tireless work force at the Pentagon site
- $1 Million Donation from McDonald's Corporation already pledged for relief efforts.
- $1 Million from Ronald McDonald House Charities already pledged for relief efforts.
- McDonald's Cookies and Juice continue to be delivered to Blood Donation Centers throughout the U.S.
American Red Cross
The American Red Cross is providing lifesaving assistance in the form of immediate disaster mass care and blood to victims and emergency workers in New York, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania following the incomprehensible attacks of September 11. The Red Cross will stay with these people as this tragedy unfolds. The Red Cross has been on the scene from the beginning providing disaster support in the form of food, shelter and mental health counseling to all individuals affected. To help the victims of these and other disasters please support the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
Contribute directly to the American Red Cross by going to www.redcross.org
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
The organic market appears to be going from strength to strength, especially if this year's BioFach exhibition is anything to go by. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 30,000 v...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
A New South Wales government minister has appealed to fast food giant McDonald's to continue using Australian produce, saying the company appears to be abandoning local suppliers, according to the Aus...
US fastfood chain McDonald's has announced that global systemwide sales for McDonald's restaurants increased 5.9% in May, or 2.9% in constant currencies....
Fastfood company McDonald's has appointed a new new head of operations in China, according to the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper....
Fastfood company McDonald's is testing a healthier blend of oil for cooking its fries in a small number of restaurants, according to an Associated Press story published by the Chicago Tribune....
Fastfood company McDonald's is planning to expand its franchise network in China, according to the China Daily....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report