AUSTRALIA: McDonald’s to offer McPie and chips in new trial
US burger behemoth McDonald's is used to tailoring its multinational menu according to local tastes. In India, McDonald's outlets go a long way to curry favour. Now in Australia however, the chain is set to eat humble pie. The traditional pie and chips much loved by Australian consumers is set to hit the McDonald's menu, and the company revealed that if it proves popular, the meal could be offered to other countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch