USA: McDonald's to open largest US outlet in Times Square
Fastfood giant McDonald's is to open its largest ever, and most unique, US outlet next month in Manhattan's Times Square, the tourism and entertainment heart of New York. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based firm is hoping that the new outlet will provide some new spark for the 30,000-strong chain, which has posted declines in earnings over six of the last seven quarters due to softer US sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife