USA: McDonald's to open largest US outlet in Times Square
Fastfood giant McDonald's is to open its largest ever, and most unique, US outlet next month in Manhattan's Times Square, the tourism and entertainment heart of New York. The Oak Brook, Ill.-based firm is hoping that the new outlet will provide some new spark for the 30,000-strong chain, which has posted declines in earnings over six of the last seven quarters due to softer US sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe