USA/UK: McDonald's to sell off stake in UK coffee shop chain Aroma
Burger behemoth McDonald's is mulling a sell off of the 35 British outlets of its coffee bar-chain Aroma . The Chicago-based corporation reportedly paid £10m (US$14.39m) for Aroma in March 1999 in a bid to wrestle an important share in the coffee shop sector. Now, however, the company is believed to have decided that the British market is too crowded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant