USA/UK: McDonald's to sell off stake in UK coffee shop chain Aroma
Burger behemoth McDonald's is mulling a sell off of the 35 British outlets of its coffee bar-chain Aroma . The Chicago-based corporation reportedly paid £10m (US$14.39m) for Aroma in March 1999 in a bid to wrestle an important share in the coffee shop sector. Now, however, the company is believed to have decided that the British market is too crowded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods