USA/UK: McDonald's to sell off stake in UK coffee shop chain Aroma
Burger behemoth McDonald's is mulling a sell off of the 35 British outlets of its coffee bar-chain Aroma . The Chicago-based corporation reportedly paid £10m (US$14.39m) for Aroma in March 1999 in a bid to wrestle an important share in the coffee shop sector. Now, however, the company is believed to have decided that the British market is too crowded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund