USA: McDonald's to test apple slices in US Happy Meals
US fastfood giant McDonald's is to market-test apple slices as an alternative to French fries in its children's Happy Meals. The Apple Dippers, slices of apple that can be dipped in caramel, are to be tested in three US markets later this summer, reported Dow Jones News Service. "You could exchange fries for Apple Dippers for an additional 20 cents," McDonald's spokesman William Whitman said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units