USA: McDonald's to test apple slices in US Happy Meals
US fastfood giant McDonald's is to market-test apple slices as an alternative to French fries in its children's Happy Meals. The Apple Dippers, slices of apple that can be dipped in caramel, are to be tested in three US markets later this summer, reported Dow Jones News Service. "You could exchange fries for Apple Dippers for an additional 20 cents," McDonald's spokesman William Whitman said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery