USA: McDonald's to test apple slices in US Happy Meals
US fastfood giant McDonald's is to market-test apple slices as an alternative to French fries in its children's Happy Meals. The Apple Dippers, slices of apple that can be dipped in caramel, are to be tested in three US markets later this summer, reported Dow Jones News Service. "You could exchange fries for Apple Dippers for an additional 20 cents," McDonald's spokesman William Whitman said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs