FRANCE: McDonald's to woo European customers back with mammoth burger
McDonald's is to introduce a mammoth burger called 'Le 280 Grammes'(twice the size of a Big Mac) in its latest attempt to bring back French customers to its chain of fastfood restaurants. McDonald's' new initiative is part of a counterintuitive strategy to rehabilitate the hamburger in France. The French Unit of McDonald's has suffered particularly from bad press around its corporate image in France and the BSE crisis in the last year, driving down sales in most of its outlets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes