FRANCE: McDonald's to woo European customers back with mammoth burger
McDonald's is to introduce a mammoth burger called 'Le 280 Grammes'(twice the size of a Big Mac) in its latest attempt to bring back French customers to its chain of fastfood restaurants. McDonald's' new initiative is part of a counterintuitive strategy to rehabilitate the hamburger in France. The French Unit of McDonald's has suffered particularly from bad press around its corporate image in France and the BSE crisis in the last year, driving down sales in most of its outlets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations