FRANCE: McDonald's to woo European customers back with mammoth burger
McDonald's is to introduce a mammoth burger called 'Le 280 Grammes'(twice the size of a Big Mac) in its latest attempt to bring back French customers to its chain of fastfood restaurants. McDonald's' new initiative is part of a counterintuitive strategy to rehabilitate the hamburger in France. The French Unit of McDonald's has suffered particularly from bad press around its corporate image in France and the BSE crisis in the last year, driving down sales in most of its outlets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant