USA: McDonald's trials new mega-diner format
US burger giant McDonald's has opened a mega-restaurant in Columbus, Ohio in a bid to ramp up its family-friendly image. The format boasts a dessert stand with coffee imported from Italy, and a living room area targeting adults. It also offers a karaoke booth for teenagers and a miniature drive-thru McDonald's for younger children, in bid to offer 'something for everyone'. A merchandise area offers consumers the chance to buy McDonald's gifts and clothing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action