USA: McDonald's trials new mega-diner format
US burger giant McDonald's has opened a mega-restaurant in Columbus, Ohio in a bid to ramp up its family-friendly image. The format boasts a dessert stand with coffee imported from Italy, and a living room area targeting adults. It also offers a karaoke booth for teenagers and a miniature drive-thru McDonald's for younger children, in bid to offer 'something for everyone'. A merchandise area offers consumers the chance to buy McDonald's gifts and clothing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch