CHILE: McDonald's under fire in Chile for sanitary controversies
McDonald's filed a US$1.1m lawsuit Tuesday against Estefania Qunones, who told Chilean authorities and the media that she found a worm in her McDonald's hamburger. The company's lawyer in the lawsuit, Sergio Vergara, said the company is filing suit because Qunones's high-profile accusation has affected the image and prestige of the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti