USA: McDonald's - up an mPayment blind alley - COMMENT
McDonald's is expanding its electronic payment tests. The fast food giant has been exploring ways to speed up its service through faster paying methods. As well as making payment quicker, cashless systems promote loyalty and encourage customers to spend more money. But the proprietary system McDonald's is using might not be the best route to use, as payment by mobile phone begins to take off.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival