GERMANY: McDonald's will launch Donatos pizza restaurants in Germany - MEMBERS
US fastfood chain McDonald's announced plans this week to launch its Donatos pizza restaurant chain in Germany. McDonald's bought Donatos in 1999 as part of its campaign to expand beyond the near-saturated burger market. In the last couple of years the company has also bought stakes in Chipotle Mexican Grill, a Denver-based chain of fresh Mexican restaurants, and Pret a Manger, a UK sandwich chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat