USA: McLane and Chevron Reach Agreement
McLane Company, Inc., the only nationwide supplier to convenience stores, today announced a five-year wholesale supply agreement with Chevron that will allow McLane to distribute food and non-food products to Chevron's 700 company-operated convenience stores located in 11 states. McLane's initial service to Chevron company-operated stores began May 1 in California, Arizona, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Hawaii, Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida and will offer service to Chevron's entire network of nearly 8,000 jobbers and dealers located in 24 states. McLane, recognized for its expert distribution system, responsive customer service and cutting-edge technology capabilities, said it will offer Chevron a complete and flexible menu of optional programs and services. According to McLane Company Vice President of Sales, Gary Bittner, "The most significant reason that this alliance became a reality is because we believe we can provide technology support and services that could lead to increased sales and profits for Chevron." "We wanted a distributor that was aligned with our business strategies and who could offer category management expertise in this fast-paced and changing environment," said Betsy Hosick, manager of consumer offerings with Chevron Products Co. "McLane's technology was a key in our decision, and we are excited to be working with them."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review