USA: MCP facing buyout by Archer Daniels Midland?
Minnesota Corn Processors (MCP) has revealed that it is engaged in preliminary discussions with agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) regarding its potential buyout by ADM. MCP, a corn wet-miller with refineries in Marshall and Columbus, produces corn sweeteners and starch products for sale into the beverage and food industries. The company's board of directors has engaged the investment banking firms Morgan Lewis Githens & Ahn and ING Capital as financial advisors to assist MCP in any potential transaction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail