UK: McVitie’s launches strawberry Jaffa Cakes
United Biscuits has launched strawberry McVitie's Jaffa Cakes for the UK market.
The Strawberry Jaffa Cakes will be available until July in a single pack with an MRRP of GBP0.89 (US$1.30) and a twin pack with an MRRP of GBP1.69.
The new variant is designed to "complement" the existing McVitie's Jaffa Cake range and provide retailers with a "new product to tempt loyal Jaffa Cakes consumers", the company said today (24 April).
United Biscuits commercial manager Nick Stuart said: "McVitie's Jaffa Cakes is a well-established brand that has introduced limited edition variants in the past with great success. This new range is a must stock that taps into a popular seasonal flavour and will strike a chord with consumers over the summer months."
After a dearth of major M&A in the food industry in recent months, the prospect of a mega-deal involving US food giant Kraft Foods and renowned UK confectioner Cadbury has got people talking. Cadbury ...
United Biscuits has launched a range of savoury snacks in GBP0.35p (US$0.57) price-marked packs....
UK snack firm United Biscuits has admitted its margins dipped in 2008 as the McVitie's maker reported "modest" profit growth....
Tyrrells, the private-equity backed UK crisp maker, is set to launch a trio of "Great British" flavours next week, the company told just-food today (14 September)....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target