UK: McVities to close Scottish biscuit plant
The McVities subsidiary of UK food group United Biscuits this week confirmed it will close one of its Scottish plants with the loss of 123 jobs. The plant, in Hatton, near Peterhead in Aberdeenshire, is believed to be profitable, but production is to be shifted to a more modern plant in Halifax in the English Midlands. Local member of parliament Alex Salmond has pledged to fight the decision, reported the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target