UK: McVities to close Scottish biscuit plant
The McVities subsidiary of UK food group United Biscuits this week confirmed it will close one of its Scottish plants with the loss of 123 jobs. The plant, in Hatton, near Peterhead in Aberdeenshire, is believed to be profitable, but production is to be shifted to a more modern plant in Halifax in the English Midlands. Local member of parliament Alex Salmond has pledged to fight the decision, reported the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project