USA: Mead Johnson gains FDA clearance for Martek's oils in pre-term formula
Martek Biosciences Corporation has announced that Mead Johnson Nutritionals has received clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to introduce Enfamil Premature LIPIL, a pre-term version of Enfamil LIPIL. LIPIL contains a blend of Martek's docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA), two nutrients that are described as the building blocks of a baby's brain and eyes. The levels of DHA and ARA used in LIPIL are consistent with the levels recommended by the World Health Organisation and other international organisations and consistent with the levels used in numerous studies that have demonstrated positive effects on infant development.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill