US: Mead Johnson hails "strong" 2013 but shares down on 2014 forecasts
Mead Johnson has posted an 8% sales increase for Q4 2013
US infant formula group Mead Johnson today (31 January) booked higher annual sales and profits but its shares fell after its forecast for 2014 earnings fell below Wall Street estimates.
The company booked a 7.4% rise in net earnings to US$649.5m for 2013. EBIT was $924.6m, compared to $870m in 2012.
Sales increased 8% to $4.2bn thanks to higher prices and volumes.
"We are pleased with our strong 2013 performance as we achieved sales growth at the top end of our guidance range and earnings that exceeded expectations," CEO Kasper Jakobsen said.
However, Mead Johnson's forecast for 2014 full-year non-GAAP earnings per share of $3.50 to $3.62 was below Wall Street estimates. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast $3.67 a share.
Mead Johnson's stock was down 1% at $78.58 at 12:02 ET.
For the full results, click here.
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and s...
TechNavio's Analysts forecast the Global Baby Food and Formula market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the growi...
Synopsis Baby Food Canada examines the trends in the baby food market for 2006-2012, with forecasts to 2018. It examines how live birth rates, breastfeeding trends, the economic crisis, new product a...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Baby Food and Formula market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 2.76 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the i...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details