US: Mead Johnson hails "strong" 2013 but shares down on 2014 forecasts
Mead Johnson has posted an 8% sales increase for Q4 2013
US infant formula group Mead Johnson today (31 January) booked higher annual sales and profits but its shares fell after its forecast for 2014 earnings fell below Wall Street estimates.
The company booked a 7.4% rise in net earnings to US$649.5m for 2013. EBIT was $924.6m, compared to $870m in 2012.
Sales increased 8% to $4.2bn thanks to higher prices and volumes.
"We are pleased with our strong 2013 performance as we achieved sales growth at the top end of our guidance range and earnings that exceeded expectations," CEO Kasper Jakobsen said.
However, Mead Johnson's forecast for 2014 full-year non-GAAP earnings per share of $3.50 to $3.62 was below Wall Street estimates. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast $3.67 a share.
Mead Johnson's stock was down 1% at $78.58 at 12:02 ET.
For the full results, click here.
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and s...
Mead Johnson remains the leader in milk formula in China. However, this market is undergoing changes which may intensify competition going forward. Meanwhile, public perception of infant milk formula ...
TechNavio's Analysts forecast the Global Baby Food and Formula market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the growi...
Synopsis Baby Food Canada examines the trends in the baby food market for 2006-2012, with forecasts to 2018. It examines how live birth rates, breastfeeding trends, the economic crisis, new product a...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Mediation fails in Heinz Dip & Squeeze case
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits