US: Mead Johnson to file registration statement
Mead Johnson Nutrition said that it intends to file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission detailing the proposed exchange offer from Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS).
The US pharmaceutical giant announced plans on Monday (16 November) to spin off baby formula group Mead Johnson Nutrition. The company said it expects the split-off to be a tax-advantaged way to further deliver value to its shareholders.
For each $1.00 of Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock accepted in the exchange offer, the tendering shareholder will receive approximately $1.11 of Mead Johnson common stock.
If conditions to completion of the exchange offer are met, BMS will dispose of its entire ownership interest in Mead Johnson through the exchange offer and, if necessary, a subsequent spin-off of any shares it still owns after the exchange offer is complete.
Commenting on the announcement, Mead Johnson CEO Stephen Golsby said: "This transaction represents the important final step in our journey to be a fully independent public company. We believe the decision to split-off Mead Johnson reflects confidence in the success of our growth strategy and our strong financial performance since our IPO in February, as well as BMS' objective to focus on their core BioPharma business."
The company said it expects to incur costs incremental to its previous expectations for specified items in the fourth quarter of 2009 estimated in the range of $0.08 to $0.13 per share.
Sectors: Health & wellness
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review