US: Mead Johnson welcomes all-clear on infant formula
Mead Johnson's formulas were found to be safe by the FDA and CDC
US infant nutrition maker Mead Johnson has welcomed test results that show its infant formulas are not related to four cases of infection.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) launched an investigation after four infants in Florida, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma were found to have cronobacter infections.
The agencies tested various brands, including Mead Johnson's Enfamil, and inspected manufacturing facilities but results show the four cases are unrelated and a recall is not necessary.
A CDC statement said: "There is currently no evidence to conclude that the infant formula or nursery water was contaminated during manufacturing or shipping."
Tim Brown, senior vice president and general manager for Mead Johnson's North American operations, said the all-clear shows the stringency of its quality control.
He said: "We're pleased with the FDA and CDC testing, which should reassure consumers, healthcare professionals and retailers everywhere about the safety and quality of our products. These tests also reinforce the rigour of our quality processes throughout our operations."
US cantaloupe producer Jensen Farms has reportedly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, five months after being pinpointed as the source of a fatal listeria outbreak last year....
Dairy giant Arla Foods grabbed the headlines this week with the admission 250 jobs could go at the company, with the possibility of more to come, as it looks to drive efficiency. Elsewhere, Kellogg an...
The US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has unveiled a four-year plan that aims to meet seven goals by 2016 and details 100 initiatives related to food safety, nutrition and animal health....
Mead Johnson Nutrition has lifted its forecast for underlying earnings in 2012 after sales and profits increased in the first quarter of the year....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016