UK: Meal components market takes off as consumers combine convenience with cookery
Independent market analyst Datamonitor's new report, "Speed Scratch Meal Components", finds that meal components, (prepared foods that speed up the cooking process but are not complete meals - see end notes for full definition) are proving popular, as consumers want products that provide convenience but leave them feeling as though they are still involved in the preparation. Datamonitor analysed the market by levels of innovation across Europe and the US. Despite a lucrative market for branded manufacturers, the pace of innovation by private label manufacturers will put increasing pressure on the likes of Unilever, Nestle and Heinz and fire up the battle for shelf-space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch