UK: Meal components market takes off as consumers combine convenience with cookery
Independent market analyst Datamonitor's new report, "Speed Scratch Meal Components", finds that meal components, (prepared foods that speed up the cooking process but are not complete meals - see end notes for full definition) are proving popular, as consumers want products that provide convenience but leave them feeling as though they are still involved in the preparation. Datamonitor analysed the market by levels of innovation across Europe and the US. Despite a lucrative market for branded manufacturers, the pace of innovation by private label manufacturers will put increasing pressure on the likes of Unilever, Nestle and Heinz and fire up the battle for shelf-space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund