BRAZIL: Meat group Marfrig books 2013 loss
Underlying earnings fell in 2013, amid pressure on profits from domestic beef arm
Brazilian meat group Marfrig fell into the red in 2013, hit by foreign exchange and losses from derivatives.
Marfrig booked a net loss of BRL816m (US$347.6m), which compared to a profit of BRL264m in 2012.
The company reported a 26% fall in EBITDA, which dropped to BRL1.38bn. Adjusted EBITDA, which excluded one-off items, was still down, sliding 4% to BRL1.45bn.
The fall in profits came in part due to lower margins at the company's Marfrig Beef, amid pressure on prices and an over-supply of beef at the start of the year.
Marfrig reported a 14% rise in net revenue to BRL18.75bn. Moy Park, its European division, saw sales increase 18%. Sales from Marfrig Beef climbed 14% to higher exports and domestic foodservice sales. Keystone, Marfrig's poultry arm, saw sales rise 10%.
Marfrig Beef continued to account for a majority of the company's adjusted EBITDA. However, in 2013, Moy Park generated 21% of the group's adjusted EBITDA, up from 16% in 2012. Keystone's proportion rose from 20% to 24%.
Click here for the full statement from Marfrig.
Frozen Food in Argentina industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The ...
Keystone Foods LLC - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Several companies have been launching new products during the review period. The most important are: Lisley SA with La Costeña Mexican canned ready meals; Darcel SA and Luis G Bonomi SA in dried ready...
Synopsis Canadean's "Keystone Foods LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details