ESTONIA: Meat processor accused of misleading labelling
A Valga-based meat processor stands accused of selling Lithuanian sausage under an Estonian label. Valga Lihatoostus recently left the Estonian Meat Union, which now says it is deeply disappointed in the company's business practices. It is alleged that the company is selling smoked sausage products manufactured in Lithuania under a misleading label that implies the product is produced in Estonia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week