ITALY: Meat processor Bonometti Carni sees €346,000 loss in 2001
Meat processor Bonometti Carni yesterday [Tuesday] posted a loss of €346,000 (US$349,000) for 2001.
According to a report in the Giornale di Brescia, the firm posted a turnover of €19m for 2001, a drop from €21m in 2000, and 2001 sales fell 7.46% year-on-year.
The company attributed its disappointing results to the consumer response to mad cow disease.
Food producers with small domestic markets could struggle to make their business viable, unless they can conquer the export market. But in Tasmania, producers are cashing in on demand for gourmet prod...
The US Department of Agriculture confirmed yesterday (13 March) that a third case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) has been detected, in an Alabama cow....
The Japanese Government yesterday (24 January) confirmed that a case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) has been discovered in Hokkaido, northern Japan....
US food safety inspectors have found over 1,000 cases since 2004 where US meat plants have infringed mad cow disease rules, the US Department of Agriculture has reportedly said....
Spanish Health Minister Elena Salgado said health authorities are investigating the "strong probability" the country has suffered its first mad cow disease fatality, according to a report by the AFP n...
In the wake of food health scares such as mad cow disease (BSE), a compulsory animal identification system needs to be adopted, according to a report cited by the New Zealand Herald....
The Taiwanese authorities have reinstated a ban on US beef after the US Department of Agriculture confirmed a second case of mad-cow disease, the Taipei Times reported....
Douglas Paal, director of the American Institute in Taiwan ate US beef in front of reporters, offering his guarantee that the beef was "100% safe" to eat despite concerns over a possible new outbreak ...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti