CHINA: Meat processor WH Group details $5.3bn IPO
WH Group confirms listing
WH Group, the world's largest pork producer, has announced plans to list in Hong Kong in an initial public offering that could raise more than HK$42bn (US$5.3bn).
WH Group said today (15 April) it will sell 3.65m shares priced at HK$8-11.25. If demand is strong enough, the company has an option to increase the number of shares listed by 20%.
The Chinese company, which acquired US pork giant Smithfield Foods last year for US$4.7bn plus the assumption of debt, intends to use a significant proportion of the proceeds to pay down loans associated with the takeover.
In its prospectus, WH Group again outlined its strategy to import pig meat from the US to meet booming demand for pork in China. According to the firm, from 2010 to 2012 hog prices were 40% lower in the US than in China.
WH Group stated: "We plan to import into China safe, high-quality and cost competitive fresh pork from the US, which we believe will positively affect turnover and margins for our China operations."
The group also revealed that it made a net loss of $67m last year, reversing from a profit of $468m in 2012 and $188m in 2011. The loss was "primarily" the result of bonus payments to executives totalling $639m following completion of the Smithfield deal.
Final pricing is due to be announced on 22 April and shares will begin trading on 30 April.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Meat category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution cha...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provi...
Spain-based meats group Campofrio has booked a half-year loss but claimed it was on the right track after seeing sales and EBITDA increase year-on-year....
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It a...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report