ITALY: Meat producers turn vigilante to ward off French BSE threat
With collective EU action considered insufficient, Italians are taking action to protect themselves against the possible spread of BSE from France. In addition to banning imports of beef susceptible to Mad Cow disease, meat producers have turned vigilante to block trucks suspected of bringing in banned beef from France.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods