FINLAND: Meat products with Benecol add functional flavour to market
Two meat products containing a cholesterol-lowering ingredient have recently been launched on the Finnish market by domestic firm Atria Oyj. Atria developed the functional chicken meatballs and frankfurters with Benecol, the stanol ester ingredient from compatriot company Raisio. According to Atria's promotional literature, the US National Institute of Health recently revealed that stanol ester can decrease cholesterol and coronary heart disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves