FINLAND: Meat products with Benecol add functional flavour to market
Two meat products containing a cholesterol-lowering ingredient have recently been launched on the Finnish market by domestic firm Atria Oyj. Atria developed the functional chicken meatballs and frankfurters with Benecol, the stanol ester ingredient from compatriot company Raisio. According to Atria's promotional literature, the US National Institute of Health recently revealed that stanol ester can decrease cholesterol and coronary heart disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project