AUSTRALIA: Meat workers to blockade sea deliveries of sheep
Tasmanian meat workers say they will forcibly prevent sheep being loaded onto a carrier ship headed for the Middle East. Members of the Australasian Meat Industry Employees' Union say that 300 jobs will be lost in Tasmania if the planned shipment of 30,000 sheep to Saudi Arabia goes ahead. Union secretary Grant Courtney said the Tasmanian meat processor sector had already suffered a downturn of 30% following the delayed sale of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations