AUSTRALIA: Meat workers to blockade sea deliveries of sheep
Tasmanian meat workers say they will forcibly prevent sheep being loaded onto a carrier ship headed for the Middle East. Members of the Australasian Meat Industry Employees' Union say that 300 jobs will be lost in Tasmania if the planned shipment of 30,000 sheep to Saudi Arabia goes ahead. Union secretary Grant Courtney said the Tasmanian meat processor sector had already suffered a downturn of 30% following the delayed sale of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins