Meatsnacks Group launches Strive range
Meatsnacks Group launches Strive jerky brand
Meatsnacks Group, Europe's largest jerky and biltong manufacturer, is launching a range of protein snacks, Strive, in the UK.
The company said the range is aimed at the outdoor and sports markets. Strive Beef Jerky and Strive Beef Biltong offers consumers a "lighter", gluten-free alternative, the company said.
Meatsnacks said that the product is made from silverside beef marinated with "natural store cupboard ingredients".
James Newitt, managing director of Meatsnacks, said: "We're really excited to be launching Strive this year; with high protein and low calories, Strive is designed to be the ultimate post-workout snack for fitness enthusiasts and athletes without compromising on taste."
The Strive range is launching this month with an RRP of GBP2 (US$2.80).
Meatsnacks was formed last year after the merger of The Jerky Group and Cruga. The Jerky Group was set up in 2000 and owned the Wild West brand. Cruga, formed in 1998, sold biltong under its namesake brand and the Bundu brand.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant