UK: Meeting between Safeway and Philip Green postponed
Today's [Thursday's] planned meeting between UK supermarket firm Safeway and Philip Green, the retail entrepreneur interested in bidding for the chain, has been postponed. Safeway is understood to have been eager to ask Green to clarify his intentions regarding a possible bid for the chain. The meeting would have been the first time the two parties had been brought together since Green announced his interest in joining the takeover battle for Safeway in January.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast