UK: Meeting between Safeway and Philip Green postponed
Today's [Thursday's] planned meeting between UK supermarket firm Safeway and Philip Green, the retail entrepreneur interested in bidding for the chain, has been postponed. Safeway is understood to have been eager to ask Green to clarify his intentions regarding a possible bid for the chain. The meeting would have been the first time the two parties had been brought together since Green announced his interest in joining the takeover battle for Safeway in January.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units