PHILIPPINES: Meeting elects Cojuangco to helm of Pure Foods, as well as SMC
Wealthy businessman Eduardo M. Cojuangco Jr. was elected to the helm of Pure Foods Corp yesterday, at a special meeting following San Miguel Corp's (SMS) P6.58bn purchase of the Ayala Group's 93.98% stake in the Philippine food company.
Already chairman of SMC, Cojuangco can now be confirmed as the successor to Pure Food's Jaime Zobel de Ayala.
Enrique A. Gomez Jr., currently president of La Tondena Distillers, was also voted in to be the president of both SMC and the newly acquired food company.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units