GERMANY: Meggle expands Eastward with Slovak acquisition
German dairy major Meggle is to acquire a majority stake in Slovakian dairy group Rajo, in which it currently holds a 33% stake.
Meggle will acquire the additional shares in Rajo from its current majority owner, Austrian dairy concern NOM AG, based in Vienna. The deal will lift Meggle's holding to 50%.
Rajo is expected to become a European hub for Meggle, which has also launched operations in other Eastern European nations including the neighbouring Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, Hungary, Bosnia and Bulgaria.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action