US: Meijer plans 10-12 store openings annually
US retailer Meijer is planning to open ten to twelve stores annually in the "coming years".
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the group is opening nine new stores, plus a "major re-build" that "we are considering a new store", this year.
The privately-owned company has "not publicly announced" its planned store openings for 2015, the spokesperson added.
However, speaking to a group of business leaders in Milwaukee last week, Meijer co-chairman Hank Meijer "informally referenced" that the company plans to open between ten and twelve stores each year "in the coming years".
Canadean's "Meijer, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- E-commerce: Online could offer growth in Russia
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report