US: Meijer plans 10-12 store openings annually
US retailer Meijer is planning to open ten to twelve stores annually in the "coming years".
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the group is opening nine new stores, plus a "major re-build" that "we are considering a new store", this year.
The privately-owned company has "not publicly announced" its planned store openings for 2015, the spokesperson added.
However, speaking to a group of business leaders in Milwaukee last week, Meijer co-chairman Hank Meijer "informally referenced" that the company plans to open between ten and twelve stores each year "in the coming years".
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
Ohio-based retail giant Meijer has announced its foray into dairy manufacture with the construction of its first dairy production facility. ...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide