CHINA: Mengniu adds major dairy capacity
China’s Mengniu Dairy Co is to establish a RMB400m (US$48.3m) ice cream and milk production facility in Jiaozuo in Henan province comprising 12 ice cream and ten milk production lines to be operational by the end of the year.
Mengniu will use locally-produced fresh milk, with daily milk supply expected at 150 tons in 2004, increasing to 450 tons by 2005.
Morgan Stanley, CGU-CDC China Capital Partners and a Hong Kong-based venture capital company have invested a total of US$26m in Mengniu and hold a combined stake of 33%.
Sectors: Ice cream
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses