CHINA: Mengniu adds major dairy capacity
China’s Mengniu Dairy Co is to establish a RMB400m (US$48.3m) ice cream and milk production facility in Jiaozuo in Henan province comprising 12 ice cream and ten milk production lines to be operational by the end of the year.
Mengniu will use locally-produced fresh milk, with daily milk supply expected at 150 tons in 2004, increasing to 450 tons by 2005.
Morgan Stanley, CGU-CDC China Capital Partners and a Hong Kong-based venture capital company have invested a total of US$26m in Mengniu and hold a combined stake of 33%.
Sectors: Ice cream
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods