CHINA: Mengniu FY profit and sales tumble
- Net profit down 19.1%
- Operating profit falls 21%
- Net sales slide 3.5%
Mengniu's profits have been affected by a fall in sales
Chinese dairy Mengniu saw its profits fall in 2012 on the back of declining sales.
Net earnings in the 12 months to the end of December tumbled 19.1% to CNY1.44bn (US$231.7m), the company reported today (27 March). Operating profit in the period amounted to CNY1.50bn compared to CNY1.90bn last year.
The Hong Kong-listed company attributed the loss to shrinking sales in 2012 and said it will boost its cooperation with Denmark's Arla Food to tighten food safety standards in the coming year.
Mengniu's sales are still being affected by the 2008 milk safety scandal, after toxic chemicals were found in its dairy products. Revenues in 2012 were down 3.5% to CNY36.08bn.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report