UK: Menus.com powers restaurant database for BT's mobile Internet service
Service provider, Menus.com (Europe) Ltd, a subsidiary of American based Menus.com Inc, has formed an alliance with Genie Internet, BT's market leading mobile Internet service*, to offer a unique WAP compatible restaurant database. Starting today, Genie Internet is providing its customers with priority access to the Menus.com database from their WAP enabled mobile phones. The service is featured under the 'lifestyle' category and provides users with immediate access to details of up to 21,000 restaurants across the UK by region and cuisine type. "WAP technology is perfect for restaurant goers who like to make decisions on the move and Menus.com will give them immediate and appetizing information at the touch of a button. At the same time we will be enhancing business for restaurants, not just in cities but in every corner of the country," explained Humphrey Gervais, Managing Director, Menus.com (Europe) Ltd. Menus.com (Europe) Ltd. launched its WAP service in June and will officially launch its on-line service for the UK this autumn. Menus.com currently offers a free Internet service to restaurants across the UK, featuring independent descriptions, prices, contact details, directions and most notably, fully searchable menus.Menus.com (Europe) Ltd. is rapidly building its database of UK restaurants, pubs, bars, takeaways and plans to offer a further 30,000 entries by the end of this year. Expansion plans are already underway to secure Menus.com's position as the most comprehensive restaurant database for Europe.Founded in March 1999, Menus.com Inc. launched its American website in New York last Spring. The Los Angeles based company currently offers America's largest collection of restaurant profiles on-line with more than 350,000 entries and 200,000 fully searchable menus.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements