EU: MEPs pour cold water Commission’s beef market rescue plan
The European Parliament wants sweeping changes made to the European Commission's emergency proposals for tackling the beef and veal crisis caused by BSE, saying that Brussels' plan falls far short of the measures needed. MEPs said that the proposal to place into storage meat from cattle over 30 months old would worsen the current oversupply of beef. While supporting the reduction of stocking densities from 2.0 animals per hectare to 1.8, MEP's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project