EU: MEPs pour cold water Commission’s beef market rescue plan
The European Parliament wants sweeping changes made to the European Commission's emergency proposals for tackling the beef and veal crisis caused by BSE, saying that Brussels' plan falls far short of the measures needed. MEPs said that the proposal to place into storage meat from cattle over 30 months old would worsen the current oversupply of beef. While supporting the reduction of stocking densities from 2.0 animals per hectare to 1.8, MEP's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti