SPAIN: Mercadona posts 35% increase in turnover for 2001
Valencia-based supermarket chain Mercadona has posted a 35% increase in turnover to €4.51bn (US$3.9bn), year on year. Profit meanwhile reached €70m for the full year. During the year, Mercadona opened 101 new outlets across Spain and its workforce increased by 6,200 people to 27,400.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth