SPAIN: Mercadona posts 35% increase in turnover for 2001
Valencia-based supermarket chain Mercadona has posted a 35% increase in turnover to €4.51bn (US$3.9bn), year on year. Profit meanwhile reached €70m for the full year. During the year, Mercadona opened 101 new outlets across Spain and its workforce increased by 6,200 people to 27,400.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations