BRAZIL: Mercador says 80% of procurement will soon be handled online
Mercador, the e-marketplace serving the Brazilian supermarket sector, said it expects 80% of the industry's procurement requirements to be dealt with online within the next three years.. The company is set to reach operational breakeven later this summer, and CEO Paulo Afonso Feijo said that revenues already cover 90% of operational costs. "Our advantage is that the conventional Internet company has fixed costs. Thus, as revenues grow, the chances are higher of surpassing operational costs," Feijo said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti