BRAZIL: Mercador says 80% of procurement will soon be handled online
Mercador, the e-marketplace serving the Brazilian supermarket sector, said it expects 80% of the industry's procurement requirements to be dealt with online within the next three years.. The company is set to reach operational breakeven later this summer, and CEO Paulo Afonso Feijo said that revenues already cover 90% of operational costs. "Our advantage is that the conventional Internet company has fixed costs. Thus, as revenues grow, the chances are higher of surpassing operational costs," Feijo said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega