BRAZIL: Mercador says 80% of procurement will soon be handled online
Mercador, the e-marketplace serving the Brazilian supermarket sector, said it expects 80% of the industry's procurement requirements to be dealt with online within the next three years.. The company is set to reach operational breakeven later this summer, and CEO Paulo Afonso Feijo said that revenues already cover 90% of operational costs. "Our advantage is that the conventional Internet company has fixed costs. Thus, as revenues grow, the chances are higher of surpassing operational costs," Feijo said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review