SLOVENIA: Mercator acquires 55.7% stake in Zivila
Slovenia's biggest retailer, Mercator, has acquired a 55.7% stake in one of its smaller rivals, Zivila. Mercator is reported to have offered SIT18,000 per share for the stake, in a deal worth SIT3.2bn (US$15.6m) in total. Mercator said it had informed the Securities Market Agency, the Competition Protection Office and Zivila's management about the deal, reported STA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units