SLOVENIA: Mercator acquires 55.7% stake in Zivila
Slovenia's biggest retailer, Mercator, has acquired a 55.7% stake in one of its smaller rivals, Zivila. Mercator is reported to have offered SIT18,000 per share for the stake, in a deal worth SIT3.2bn (US$15.6m) in total. Mercator said it had informed the Securities Market Agency, the Competition Protection Office and Zivila's management about the deal, reported STA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth