USA: Merger activity takes a freefall in H1 2002
Despite a recent flurry of some big name food industry acquisitions, the first half of 2002 was a lackluster period for food business merger and acquisitions. The Elmwood Park, NJ-based Food Institute tracked just 219 mergers and acquisitions in the food industry during the H1 2002, down 26% from the same period in 2001 and 37% from the Q1 2000. Last year, 516 transactions took place, down from 641 in 2000 and down from 1998's record 813 deals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast