USA: Merger activity takes a freefall in H1 2002
Despite a recent flurry of some big name food industry acquisitions, the first half of 2002 was a lackluster period for food business merger and acquisitions. The Elmwood Park, NJ-based Food Institute tracked just 219 mergers and acquisitions in the food industry during the H1 2002, down 26% from the same period in 2001 and 37% from the Q1 2000. Last year, 516 transactions took place, down from 641 in 2000 and down from 1998's record 813 deals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre