GERMANY/NEW ZEALAND: Merger creates new global sausage giant
German wurst giant Raspe and Paschen has joined with a New Zealand meat processor to create one of the world's largest sausage producers. The new company, trading as Rapa United Casings (NZ), is a 50-50 venture between the Hamburg-based sausage casing dealer and Affco NZ. Affco chief executive Ross Townshend said Rapa would tackle its major global competitors, mainly European companies, head-on, and would focus on producing products that meet customers' specifications.Affco will export "green runners," unprocessed sheep and lamb intestines to be used as sausage casings, from a new plant. The joint venture with a major European producer will give the kiwi company access to a global customer base and wider exposure to export markets.New Zealand was home to the world's largest natural sausage casing company, the New Zealand Casing co, but the operation was broken up when it was taken over three years ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review