US: Merisant CFO joins TreeHouse board
US soup-to-jam maker TreeHouse Foods has appointed the CFO of sweetener producer Merisant Worldwide to its board of directors.
Dian Ferguson will replace Michelle Obama on the TreeHouse board. Obama resigned from the board last May.
Ferguson, who has held finance jobs at First National Bank of Chicago and IBM, was CFO of Sara Lee's foodservice business before joining Merisant last year.
TreeHouse chairman Sam Reed said: "We are very pleased to welcome Diana Ferguson to the board. Her extensive management experience in finance and strategic planning, much of which has been with consumer products companies, will be a great asset."
In November, TreeHouse posted a 26.9% jump in third-quarter profits, buoyed by an 8.1% rise in sales to US$272m.
The acquisitions of pickle maker DeGraffenreid and Mexican sauce producer San Antonio Farms gave a lift to the numbers as costs rose.
Responding to the ever-growing demand for organic foods, former Procter & Gamble and Pepsi USA executive Tom Morrison recently launched Organic Alliance, a company that sources organic produce and sel...
TreeHouse Foods has made a number of key management appointments as part of its continuing effort to integrate the recently-acquired Bay Valley Foods business....
Sara Lee today (22 July) revealed that its fourth-quarter results would include a pre-tax charge of between US$865m and $975m to write down the value of its bakery assets in North America and Spain....
Sara Lee has agreed to specify the amount of whole grains contained in its Soft & Smooth bread after coming under fire from US advocacy group the Center for Science in the Public Interest....
Sara Lee has appointed Margaret M. Foran to the post of executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary....
just-food's coverage of the Food Forum India 2008 conference in Mumbai was a highlight this week and some bullish comments from Future Group CEO on India's potential proved popular among this week's t...
Acquisitions have boosted first-quarter sales and earnings at US-based pickles-to-salad dressings firm TreeHouse Foods....
Sara Lee Corp., the US food giant, has seen third-quarter profits rise on the back of higher sales from its bakery business....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report