UK: Merrill improves Safeway rating in response to Asda news
Safeway's share rating was improved from 'reduce' to 'neutral' today (8 September) following the departure of Allan Leighton from his post as CEO for Wal-Mart Stores in Europe.Sara Carter, Merrill analyst, explained: "We think leaving Allan Leighton leaving is a bit of a blow for Asda, and we think that Safeway will be a beneficiary. (So) it's not advisable to stick with a 'reduce' recommendation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw