AUSTRALIA: Metcash eying overseas acquisitions
Australian grocery wholesaler MetCash Trading said it is mulling a new foreign acquisition over the next few months. Group CEO Andrew Reitzer told Channel Nine's Business Sunday programme: "We've done our homework, we have identified two countries, we are looking at various alternatives in those two countries and really in the next three or four months we should be in a position to announce something."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth