AUSTRALIA: Metcash launches new supermarket banner
Australian retailer Metcash Trading is to launch a new supermarket banner, Supa IGA, across the country's eastern states. Metcash chief executive officer Andrew Reitzer said the top 138 stores in its IGA supermarket chain will be upgraded to Supa IGA, reported Asia Pulse. "Over the last four years, IGA's success in the retailing industry has been exceptional and we plan to continue our strong growth through the launch of Supa IGA," Reitzer was quoted by Asia Pulse as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe