AUSTRALIA: Metcash launches new supermarket banner
Australian retailer Metcash Trading is to launch a new supermarket banner, Supa IGA, across the country's eastern states. Metcash chief executive officer Andrew Reitzer said the top 138 stores in its IGA supermarket chain will be upgraded to Supa IGA, reported Asia Pulse. "Over the last four years, IGA's success in the retailing industry has been exceptional and we plan to continue our strong growth through the launch of Supa IGA," Reitzer was quoted by Asia Pulse as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses