AUSTRALIA: Metcash profits seen soaring
Australian supermarket operator Metcash Trading Ltd forecast annual pre-tax profits from ongoing business to rise 45-55% on strong turnover growth. Last year the group posted pre-tax profits worth A$58.7m (US$29.9m) last year, indicating expected profits for the year to 30 April 2002 at A$85m to A$90.99m. Metcash is the Australian division of South African retail giant Metcash Ltd.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid