AUSTRALIA: Metcash says Campbells unit experiencing strong growth
Australian grocery retailer Metcash has forecast a more than 20% increase in earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) for the year to 30 April 2004 for its Campbells Cash & Carry unit. Metcash said the current strong growth experienced by the Campbells unit appears to reflect the division's strategy of focusing on confectionery while downplaying tobacco and alcohol, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'