AUSTRALIA/PHILIPPINES: Metcash withdraws from Philippines JV
Australian grocery group Metcash Trading said it has abandoned plans for a joint venture with Philippines-based grocery distributor Suy Sing Commercial because of "fundamental differences". In the proposed joint venture deal, which was announced last October, Metcash was to acquire 65% of Suy Sing for A$73m (US$42.8m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations