CANADA: Metro competes acquisition of Alexandre Gaudet
Canadian grocery store operator Metro has acquired food distributor Alexandre Gaudet for an undisclosed sum.
Alexandre Gaudet, which distributes food to small grocery stores under six different banners, has annual revenues of over C$75m (US$54.8m).
Metro said it intends to continue the distribution operations of its new division from facilities in Aston Junction in central Quebec, reported Dow Jones News Service.
Companies: Metro Group
Retailers are expanding ever further, and food manufacturers are becoming more and more multinational. Expansion can bring increased profits, not just through higher sales but also more efficient sour...
Foodservice marketer and distributor Sysco Corporation has announced the appointment of Philip C Lahm as president and CEO of Sysco Food Services of Metro New York....
Retailer Metro Inc has announced today that its earnings for the third quarter ended 2 July 2005 grew to $56.9m (US$46.9m) compared with $50.4m for the same quarter of the previous year....
Retailer Metro Group has reported sales of €27.24bn (US$33.3bn) for the first half of 2005, compared with €26.221bn for the same period last year, with Eastern Europe leading the growth....
Metro Cash & Carry India Pvt Ltd, the Indian arm of the German trading giant Metro AG, hopes to speed up its expansion in the wake of the expected amendments in the Agriculture Produce Marketing Commi...
Metro Inc has announced that it has reached agreement with the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. and its subsidiary, A&P Luxembourg, to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares...
German retail Metro has today (Monday) announced a series of changes to the board of management of its Real hypmarkets....
German retail and wholesale company Metro has raised its stake in Metro Jinjiang Cash & Carry Co, a joint venture with China's Jinjiang International Group, to 90% from 60% to accelerate its expansion...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US