CHINA: Metro eyes cash-and-carry growth in China
Metro currently has 55 Cash & Carry stores in China
Metro Group plans to open a ten more cash-and-carry outlets in China this year.
The German retailer's ambitions emerged after i opened a cash and carry store in Shanghai last week. Located in Jiading district in the north-west of Shanghai, it is the retailer's sixth cash-and-carry store in the city and 55th in the outlet.
The store offers a selling space of around 6,000 sq m, a spokesperson told just-food, providing an assortment of around 15,000 food and non-food items for professional customers.
A spokesperson said Metro plans to open up a further ten stores in China this year.
Last week, just-food spoke with ConAgra's president of sales Doug Knudsen in the wake of the company's deal to acquire Ralcorp. Other deals this week have included the purchase of Metro Group's easter...
Germany investment company Franz Haniel & Cie has said it will reduce its stake in retail giant Metro Group in a bid to reduce debt....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast